In the Bible it is made abundantly clear that we can know the Truth and be confident that we know the Truth. God is the God of Truth (Isaiah 65:16) and the Scriptures come from God (2 Timothy 3:16). Therefore, the Truth comes from God.
The fundamental nature of God is pure Truth. He cannot lie (1 Samuel 15:29; Hebrews 6:18). He is the source of Truth and He has revealed unto us the Truth through the inspired word (James 1:17-18). Also, the laws of God are described as Truth (Psalm 119:142, 151, 160).
The ultimate revelation of God’s Truth was seen in His only begotten Son (John 1:17-18; 14:6). The message Jesus brought to this world was Truth (John 17:17). We should also never forget that on the day of judgment we will be judged based on the Truth (John 12:48). It is the Truth that saves us from our sins (John 8:31-32). Let us be perfectly clear, man is neither the inventor nor source of Truth.
The Bible teaches:
- We can know the Truth (John 8:32).
- When we study the Scriptures, we can understand the Truth (Ephesians 3:4).
- We can know what God requires of us (Ephesians 5:17).
- We can become wise to salvation when we study God’s word, (2 Timothy 3:14-15).
- We can understand the difference between Truth and lies (1 John 4:6).
- We can know who is teaching Truth and who is teaching lies (Romans 16:17-18).
2 John 1:9-11 – “Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.”
John 8:31-32 – “Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, ‘If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.'”